The Library will be closed Thursday, November 26th, Friday, November 27th, and Saturday, November 28th for our Thanksgiving Holidays.
Lynda.com, a new FREE learning resource!
West Baton Rouge Parish Library is proud to introduce our new FREE resource for video-based online learning:
Turn on. Log in. Get smart. @ lynda.com
The lynda.com Online Training Library is a massive online training resource. Using their thousands of videos, patrons are able to learn – self-paced and on-demand – topics ranging from Excel and PowerPoint to Tumblr and CSS. You will be able to login to lynda.com from anywhere with your library card and PIN to learn from established trainers almost any technology or soft skills topic you can think of!
Access from home, work, or a mobile device! Licenses for 10 simultaneous users! Print a certificate of completion!
Enhance your technology and professional skills with this industry leader in online software training. Access anytime, anywhere! Over 100,000 video tutorials on topics such as:
- Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access etc.)
- Intuit (QuickBooks for Windows & Mac, all versions)
- Microsoft Windows and Mac OS
- Adobe Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, etc.)
- Apple products (iPad, iPhone, etc.)
- Web and mobile app design
- Development and Programming
- Google Products
- Time management, running effective meetings, and more
- Business skills (leadership and manager fundamentals, etc.)
What do I need?
A valid West Baton Rouge Parish Library card and PIN number!
Where can I use it?
Anywhere with Internet! The library, home or work, a mobile device.
When can I use it?
Anytime! Available 24 hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year.
This is How it Works:
- Lynda.com courses are made up of a series of workshop lessons. Each workshop lesson is a 5 to 20 minutes long video. A complete course can be made up of a number of lessons and can take several hours to complete. You can easily skip or repeat lessons by using the index for each class.
- Lynda.com is free to all of our patrons. Enter your library card number and PIN.
- When you complete an entire course, you can print a certificate of completion.
For a full course list please visit Lynda.com and click browse the library.
Beth Vandersteen, Director
Celebrating Louisiana Writers
West Baton Rouge Parish Library presents author/comedienne Christee Gabour Atwood, humorist, award-winning author, facilitator, business consultant, trainer, and speaker.
Christee Atwood is the author of In Celebration of Elastic Waistbands and Three Feet Under: Journal of a Mid-life Crisis, among more serious business-training volumes. Please join us for a rollicking adventure as we share our moments of imperfection, laugh at our insanity, and celebrate the occasional enlightenment that accompanies these experiences! Atwood’s presentation will be held at:
West Baton Rouge Parish Library, 830 N. Alexander Ave., Port Allen
at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday, November 19, 2015.
This program is FREE and open to the public.
For more information, contact Beth Vandersteen at West Baton Rouge Parish Library, phone 225-342-7920, firstname.lastname@example.org, or www.wbrpl.com.
Subscribe to our Mailing List